- The weakest form of essential dignity. Each sign is divided into three 10 degrees faces, and a different planet has dignity in each face of the sign.
- A sign opposite the one in which a planet is exalted. A significator in its fall may indicate an unfortunate, helpless, insolvent, or cruel person. A planet in its fall may literally refer to a person who has fallen, been disgraced, or suffered some kind of limitation.
- A planet falls amiss when it is in one of the unfavorable houses (2nd, 6th, 8th and 12th) or is unfamiliarly configured to it's own domicile. It is closely connected with the word achrematistikos because a planet that falls amiss is unprofitable and slack in activity.
- Any kind of aspect or reception between two planets.
- Traditionally the Moon and Venus. In addition, Mercury is feminine when joined with a feminine planet and masculine when joined with a masculine planet.
-The Earth and Water Signs, comprised of Taurus, Cancer, Virgo, Scorpio, Capricorn and Pisces. Indicates passive and receptive energy.
- Ferall signs are Leo and the last part of Sagittarius.
- A classification of the signs based on their susposed productivity. Fertile signs, Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces are said to be good for planting when occupied by the Moon, and are indicators of offspring when occupying the cusps of the fifth or eleventh houses. Semi-fertile or moderately fruitful signs are Taurus, Libra, and Capricorn. Barren or sterile are Aries, Gemini, Leo, Virgo, Sagittarius, and Aquarius. The barren signs are good for cultivation when occupied by the Moon, and are indicators of not having children when occupying the cusps of the fifth or eleventh houses.
- One of the four astrological elements. A masculine element, it stands for action, positivity, matters to do with spirituality and so on. The other elements are Water, Air and Earth.
- Aries, Leo, and Sagittarius are fiery signs. Sun and Mars are fiery planets. They show courage, strength, determination, aggression and confidence in oneself.
-Also known as the House of Pleasure. It describes romance, creativity, children, fun and speculation. It also rules the dramatic and one's artistic ability.
- Another name for aspect, or depending upon the context, the birth chart itself.
Finger of God
- Also called the Finger of Fate or Yod. Comprises two planets in sextile (60°) aspect to each other, each making a 150° aspect focused on the same third planet. Indicative of a special life purpose, it creates the sensation of steadiness, special passion, deep aspiration and a strong inner drive to accomplish something very important and special.
- A general time lord system, probably Persian in origin and based upon sect similar to the decennia. .
-Aries, Leo and Sagittarius. Signs belonging to this Element represent a fiery nature.
-Also known as the House of Self. It describes the outer personality. It is the image we project to the world, our mask.
- The signs of the quadruplicity: Taurus, Leo, Scorpio and Aquarius.
- 2nd, 5th, 8th, 11th houses.
-Taurus, Leo, Scorpio and Aquarius. This Quality represents stubbornness and inflexibility.
- These do not move across the ecliptic, as do planets. Those near the ecliptic and of significant magnitude have considerable influence. Fixed stars do not lie within the zodiac; they are all beyond it in the constellations.
- One of the three modalities which finds expression through the signs Taurus, Leo, Scorpio and Aquarius. These signs share a common dynamic, namely that of blocking action, maintaining status quo and they provide stability.
- Alternate term for natural chart.
- Any point in a horoscope where several influences converge or disperse, such as the position of the squared planet in a T-square formation, the action point in a yod, the handle of a bucket, etc. See also T-square.
- A malefic Fixed Star in the 4th degree of Pisces. One of the four Royal Stars.
- Plotting the movements of the planets to determine upcoming trends.
- Chart constructed using the degree of the Part of Fortune as the ascendant.
- Another term for the benefic planets.
- Also known as the House of Home. It describes the residence, real estate, ancestry and the past. It is also speaks about parental influence.
- Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces.
- When a planet applying to an aspect is deflected by a third before the aspect is complete, it is described as having been frustrated. Used in Horary Astrology.
- That point in the lunar cycle when the Moon exactly opposes the Sun; begins the waning phase.