What is Stationery?
A stationery file is simply an HTML document. All of the elements of the stationery are stored in a common folder location which is not changeable. This is: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Shared\Stationery\. Basically, this stationery provide a way of changing the way your Outlook Express, an email program, looks. When you install stationery, the image files (*.gif or *.jpg) and the *.htm file are stored in your Stationery folder. Stationery is only available if you use HTML as your email editor.
How to Create Custom Stationery
1. Copy the .gif or .jpg graphic file that you want to use as the stationery background into the stationery folder. By default, the stationery folder is Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Stationery.
2. Press and hold down the SHIFT key while you right-click an .htm file in the stationery folder, click Open With, and then click Notepad.
3. On the File menu, click Save As. Type the name of the graphic file you copied into the stationery folder in the File Name box, add ".htm" (without quotation marks) as the extension, and then click OK. For example, if the file is named Flower.jpg, type "Flower.htm" in the File Name box.
4. Modify the HTML code in the .htm file so that it uses the .gif or .jpg file as the background graphic.
5. Quit Notepad.
How to Compose a Message Using Stationery
1. On the Compose menu, click New Message Using, and then click the stationery design you want to use.
2. If the stationery design you want to use is not on the list, click More Stationery to view more stationery designs.
3. Address and compose your message, and then click Send.