Eating very fast without proper chewing, excessive consumption of alcohol, obesity, pregnancy, consumption of unhealthy and spicy food, constipation etc are the major factors responsible for the problem of acidity in our body. Sometimes a lack of sleep or change in sleeping schedule also causes the problem of acidity. People with weak digestive system and those who are sensitive to certain foods are always at higher risk of getting a problem of acidity. As food doesn't digest easily it leads to secretion of extra acid and hence creates an imbalance of acid level in our body. However, by taking few simple steps, we can avoid this imbalance of extra deposition of acid in our body. Take your dinner at least 1 hour before going to the bed.
Smoking and drinking of alcoholic drink should be avoided. Carbonateddrinksare also not good for the health and therefore they should not be consumed in excess. Avoid taking spicy food, fatty foods, and unhealthy (canned and packed) food. Consumption of banana on a regular basis avoids the problem of acidity. A well hydrated body is less prone to the diseases and therefore you should drink plenty of water everyday. Water also helps in easy digestion of food that we eat and therefore is helpful in avoiding the problem of acidity. Consumption of mint juice after taking meal is very effective in avoiding acidity.
ACIDITY AND YOGA
Yoga is an ancient Indian body of knowledge that dates back more than 5000 years ago. The word "Yoga" came from the Sanskrit word "yuj" which means "to unite or integrate." Today, interest in heath consciousness is attracting people from all over the world to earn better health in body and contentment in mind. Now a day's people are looking towards natural ways of approach in health & happiness. This search has brought YOGA in our daily life. Yoga keeps our inner body and inner mind clean & clear to lead a life of benevolence.
YOGA POSES FOR ACIDITY
This is a pose you can meditate in. It also stretches the knees. This yoga posture is quite often performed for meditation instead of sitting with the legs crossed. It reduces fat around the thighs & calves and it mainly improves the digestion.Thunderbolt Pose
Thunderbolt Pose is an important meditation posture so as to give the body an upright and straight posture without any extra effort. This pose is even employed among Muslims and Zen Buddhists as prayer and meditational posture.Bow pose
The alternating stretching and releasing of the abdominal muscles increases blood flow to this area and aids all sorts of digestive disorders and discomforts. The Bow works all parts of your back simultaneously. The pose is so named because as you hold it, your body is bent back like a bow and your arms are held straight and taut like a bowstring.
YOGA ASANAS FOR ACIDITY
Anulom Vilom Pranayam is also known as Nadi Shodhana Pranayama or alternate nostril breathing. By the practice of this asana the whole nervous system is cleansed and toned.Steps
• One should sit comfortably in padmasana or sukhasana, keeping back straight and breathing normally. Form the pranayam posture with right hand.
• Close your right nostril with your right thumb and exhale slowly through the left nostril.
• Now inhale, slowly to your maximum capacity and then close left nostril with your ring and little finger and lift the thumb off the right nostril and exhale slowly through the right nostril.
• Then again inhale slowly through the right nostril and close it with thumb and lift your ring and little finger from left nostril and exhale slowly.
Shavasana is relaxation of body and mind in the position of lying on the back. This asana helps in relaxing mind and body and helps in restoring energy. It is a relaxing posture intended to rejuvenate one's body, mind and spirit. While shavasana is a good way to reduce stress and tension it is not recommended for meditation as it has a tendency to induce sleepiness.
• Lie on the back.
• Keep your spine, navel & pelvic in one line.
• Keep feet apart.
• Keep arms on the each side of body, palms facing to sky.
• Keep neck right or left side.
• Close your eyes & slowly try to concentrate each part of the body & try to relax that part.
• Breath normally.
Paschimottanasana is a fine stretching exercise of the body.
In one continuous movement, almost all the posterior muscles get fully stretched and relaxed.
This helps to improve the functions of the abdominal organs and sets right respiratory disorders. It also helps to improve memory.
• This posture involves stretching of the posterior muscles of the body.
• While sitting, stretch your legs forward and keep them close to each other. Bend a little forward, make hooks of your fingers and hold the big toes on the respective sides.
• While exhaling, bend forward stretching the trunk along the thighs. Rest your on the knees, which should be kept straight.
• Gradually, the tense muscles can be made supple for securing the complete posture. Inhale and return to the original position.
Pavan Muktasana strengthens the abdominal muscles and liver, spleen, pancreas and stomach. It eases excess gas from the abdomen. Persons suffering from constipation must do this after drinking lukewarm water for proper evacuation of bowels in the morning. Pavan Muktasana is the best asana to expel gas by compression of the abdomen.
• Keep your hands by the side of your body in a supine position. While inhaling, raise both your legs to 90 and bend them at the knees.
• Make a finger-lock with both your hands around them, a little below the knees. While exhaling, bring your thighs close to the chest by contracting the abdominal muscles. Maintain this posture for a few seconds.
• Then return to the original posture in the reverse order as Ardha Pavan Muktasana. Repeat the asana three to four times.
This asana is very good for the thyroid gland. This asana improves the reproductive organs in both men and women. It also helps in relieving bronchitis, dyspepsia, and varicose veins and increases digestive capacity.
It stimulates the thyroid and para-thyroid glands and influences the brain, heart and lungs, and improves blood circulation.
However, those suffering from high blood pressure should not practice this posture.
The sarvanga-asana should not be performed by woman who are menstruating, as is the case with all inverted postures (where the legs are raise over the head.
• Lie on your back with legs and arms straight, feet together and palms on the floor beside your body. While exhaling, raise your legs slowly upto 90 and then the whole body and the rest your weight on the arms so that the chin touches the jugular notch.
• Bring the arms and hands to support your body at the hip region (fingers at the back and thumb in front of the body). The entire weight of your body rests on the head, neck and shoulders while the arms are used for balancing.
• Keep the trunk, legs and hips in a straight line and as vertical as possible Focus your eyes on your toes, with your chin pressed against the chest. Retain the posture for one for three minutes.
• While exhaling, return to the lying position by bringing the leg backward and releasing the hands and the palms.
Salabha Asana is a reverse posture to the Bhujanga Asana (Cobra Posture), which gives a backward bend to the spine.It is recommended to practice the Salabha Asana after releasing the Bhujanga Asana.
• Inhale slowly but deeply through both the nostrils and retaining the breath make your head straight and put the chin on the floor (use a folded towel underneath the chin). Tighten both the legs and lift them up as high as you easily can. Do not bend the knees.
• Stay in the same posture for 5 to 6 seconds.
• Exhale and simultaneously lower the legs slowly to the floor. Do not drop the legs. By the time the legs touch the floor you should finish exhaling.
A unique characteristic of Indian astrology are the yoga's. Yoga's are planetary positions that lead to a certain result. Yoga is a particular placement or combination of planets, which collectively raise the fortunes of a person, which cannot be deciphered by individual study of placement of participating planet. According to astrological reports for yoga asanas the above mentioned asanas are said to be effective for those who come under the following zodiac sign