INTRODUCTIONBronchitis (pronounced: brahn-kite-uss) is an inflammation of the lining of the bronchial tubes, the airways that connect the trachea (windpipe) to the lungs. This delicate, mucus-producing lining covers and protects the respiratory system, the organs and tissues involved in breathing. When a person has bronchitis, it may be harder for air to pass in and out of the lungs than it normally would, the tissues become irritated and more mucus is produced.
BRANCHITIS AND YOGA
Yoga is a system inclusive of physical and mental training that can benefit people of all ages. It involves Asanas (body postures) and Pranayama (art of breath control), among which of its physical uses are to reduce stress-related conditions, help with circulatory and respiratory disorders such as Bronchitis, and improve over-all health. The general lifestyle involved in Yoga serves as a good therapy for respiratory problems. A healthy diet can build your resistance against cold, allergies, and other environmental causes of Bronchitis, and other chronic respiratory disorders.
YOGA POSES FOR BRANCHITIS
This is one of the classic Meditative Poses and is usually performed after doing the Corpse Pose. The Easy Pose helps in straightening the spine, slowing down metabolism, promoting inner tranquility, and keeping your mind still.
Many people hold tension in their necks and shoulders, leading to stiffness, bad posture, and tension headaches. Yoga practice can ease tension, increase flexibility, and tone the muscles. This section covers the steps on how to practice Shoulder Lifts..
Half Spinal Twist
If done properly, the Half Spinal Twist lengthens and strengthens the spine. It is also beneficial for your liver, kidneys, as well as adrenal glands. Practice this Yoga Pose under the supervision of a Yoga instructor. In this section, learn how to perform the Half Spinal Twist.
Wind Relieving Pose
The term Pavanamuktasana comes from the Sanskrit word 'pavana' which means air or wind and 'mukta' which means freedom or release. The Wind Relieving Pose works mainly on the digestive system. Specifically, it helps in eliminating excess gas in the stomach.
The Corpse Yoga Pose is considered as a classic relaxation Yoga Pose and is practiced before or in between Asanas as well as a Final Relaxation. While it looks deceptively simple, it is actually difficult to perform.
Anuloma Viloma is also called the Alternate Nostril Breathing Technique. In this Breathing Technique, you inhale through one nostril, retain the breath, and exhale through the other nostril. Learn how to do this technique for beginners by following the steps found in this article.
There are three parts to proper relaxation - physical, mental and spiritual relaxation. Relaxation Yoga Pose relaxes your body and mind, and makes you feel refreshed after doing the asanas and the pranayamas.This is why it is an essential part of Yoga practice..
YOGA ASANAS FOR BRONCHITIS
Sarvangasan should be performed along with sinhasana.Increased blood circulation due to this asana enables the thyroid glands to receive a good blood supply. It also helps in relieving bronchitis, dyspepsia, and varicose veins and increases digestive capacity. The sarvanga-asana should not be performed by woman who is menstruating.
• Lie on your back with legs and arms straight, feet together and palms on the floor beside your body. While exhaling, raise your legs slowly unto 90 and then the whole body and the rest your weight on the arms so that the chin touches the jugular notch.
• Bring the arms and hands to support your body at the hip region (fingers at the back and thumb in front of the body). The entire weight of your body rests on the head, neck and shoulders while the arms are used for balancing.
• Keep the trunk, legs and hips in a straight line and as vertical as possible Focus your eyes on your toes, with your chin pressed against the chest. Retain the posture for one for three minutes.
• While exhaling, return to the lying position by bringing the leg backward and releasing the hands and the palms.
A very good exercise for the lungs as it massages every air sac and strengthens them. It is also useful in treating hypertension, heart disease, arthritis, bronchitis, and backache and shoulder pain.
• Lie on your back and join your feet, with your toes touching each other. Keep your palms beside the thigh.
• While inhaling, raise your hands over the head and point your toes downwards.
• While exhaling, bring your hands down beside the thigh. Inhale end exhale slowly and deeply. Keep eyes closed throughout the practice.
• Repeat 10 -15 times.
In diseases like cervical spondylysis, bronchitis, asthma and eosinophilia, it has a great therapeutic value.Bhujangasana is one of the most important Yoga poses. Bhujangasana is also called by the name of Cobra pose. Begin inhaling and raise your chest and head slowly to the maximum limit it can reach. While performing the exercise remember to keep your hip muscles tight so that your lower back is not injured.
• Lie in the prone position with the forehead resting on the floor, legs straight and feet together, toes pointing backwards, arms bent at the elbows, palms flat on the floor, shoulders and arms on the sides of the chest and fingers kept straight And together.
• Inhale slowly and the raise the upper body (head, neck and chest). Look at the ceiling (sky) with the neck bent as far back as possible. For raising the body, only the back muscles are to be used.
• Do not push up with your arms. Waist, legs and toes should remain on the ground. Raise your body as much as possible, holding the position and retaining the breath for a few seconds.
• Exhaling slowly, return to the original position. Repeat three to four times.
A unique characteristic of Indian astrology are the yoga's. Yoga's are planetary positions that lead to a certain result. Yoga is a term for good fortune and unless specified otherwise, yoga is a good yoga. Yoga is a particular placement or combination of planets, which collectively raise the fortunes of a person, which cannot be deciphered by individual study of placement of participating planet. According to astrological reports for yoga asanas the above mentioned asanas are said to be effective for those who come under the following zodiac sign