Make the most of this Mercurial Influence!!!
Use our charts to find when Mercury goes retrograde. In this way you can make sure that Mercury retrograde does not make yor plans go awry. Plan important personal and professional events when Mercury goes direct. The Mercury retro period can be managed well when you know its coming beforehand.
What is Mercury Retrograde?
All the planets of the solar system move in the same direction around the Sun, each with a different rate of speed. Mercury's orbit is 88 days long; therefore approximately 4 orbits of Mercury around the Sun equals 1 Earth year.
Occasionally, Mercury as like a few other planets appears to slow down, then stop, and then move slowly backwards for several weeks and this is termed as retrograde. Eventually, it appears to stop again and reverse direction moving slowly forward once again going Direct. Eventually Mercury appears to return to its normal orbital speed.
Why does this typical phenomenon take place? This occurs because Mercury travels faster than the Earth, and it periodically catches up with Earth, passing us by. When Mercury "goes retrograde" it does not actually slow down, stop and move backwards. It only appears to do so. The retrograde henomenon has to do with the relative speed of the Earth and Mercury as well as their relationship to each other at a particular point in their orbits. There are three Mercury Retrograde periods each year, each lasting around 3 weeks.
In astrological mythology, Mercury is the messenger of the gods. Hence the planet Mercury rules anything related to communication like:
• signing agreements
• classes and schools and colleges
• sending/receiving correspondence
• communication equipments like computers, phones, satellites,etc
• traveling and travel equipments such as cars, bicycles, trains, and planes, ships,etc.
During Mercury retrograde period it is advised not to do the following as it might land you in trouble:
• Placing ads / communications
• making important decisions.
• purchasing or settling up of communications equipment.
• signing important deals or contracts.
• initiating business deals
• sending important correspondence or any type of message
• starting any educative projects
• beginning any new enterprise.
But a Mercury retrograde period is thought to be very excellent for:
• reviewing and revising plans
• catching up on old business
• cleaning out the metaphorical closet
• deeply considering issues.
This is just a generalized sum up. Some people are very sensitive to Mercury retrograde periods whereas some other are totally unnerved by the same. So if you are any of your family member or friend had been born during a Mercury retrograde, what are you supposed to do?? Do not worry or lose hope. Many very intelligent people have been born during a mercury retrograde. Usually such people are great thinkers. They are very individualistic as well. They garner arll the information around them and come to a conclusion by themselves. They cannot be influence easily. They also have the special gift of seeing things in a different perspective, that is they have to eyes to see beneath any problem.
What is to be done?
• Finish projects which involve communication before the retrograde.
• Avoid closing big deals during the retrograde
• Try to avoid launching new projects during the retrograde
• Avoid scheduling meetings to make a big decision
• Allow extra time when travelling
• Backup your hard drive or any other vital data before the retrograde
• Avoid installing new computer software or new communication lines during the retrograde
• Do needed repairs on machinery/house before the retrograde
• Do not hold an election during the retrograde
• Do the follow-ups on a project already started
• Wrap up or complete a project already started
• Research a new project thoroughly
• Catch up on paperwork
• Hold an information-sharing meeting
• Enjoy a good sense of humour.