Findyourfate . 15 Feb 2023 . 4 mins read
The earthquake that rocked the countries of Turkey and Syria in the early hours of February 6th, 2023 was a huge tragedy of great proportions that the human mind cannot fathom. With relief efforts on and occasional rescues, things are unfolding in that area. Our hearts and minds are always with the affected ones.
In the wake of the recent earthquake, here are some of the thoughts on the connection between astrology and the occurrence of earthquakes. We all live above tectonic plates that shift around now and then and the planets high above on the sky sure have a say over this movement.
From ancient times, astrologers always correlated the planets of Saturn and Uranus with earthquakes. Together they are linked to bringing about changes in the earth’s plates. Saturn is in Aquarius and Uranus is in Taurus and they are in quadrant relationship, does this have a say over the current earthquake in Turkey?
Did you know that,
• Saturn rules over the seismic plates
• Pluto is responsible for huge underground transformation
There has been a theory going on in astrology circles of late, that when there is much planetary energy (more planet placements) in the cardinal signs of Aries, Cancer, Libra and Capricorn there are chances of earthquakes. Presently Jupiter is in Aries and Pluto is in Capricorn and this is a potent combination.
Is there a relationship between the Moon and Earthquakes?
There is a common belief that when the Moon is close to Full there might be earthquakes. The point to note here is that there had been a Full Moon on the 5th of February , just a day before the major earthquake in Turkey. Full Moons have strong tidal pull and this would put much stress on the crust of the earth making the tectonic plates in fault lines to slip.
How about Eclipses and earthquakes?
As per past records, there had been no major occurrence of an earthquake during an eclipse day. However there are possibilities of an earthquake after an eclipse or after Full Moons and New Moons.
Earth Quake Timings
According to Indian astrology , the possibility of earth quakes is more prevalent during mid-day to sunset and from midnight to sunrise. The Turkey earthquake
Retrogrades and Earthquakes
It is said that when planets of high mass and intense energy levels like Mars, Jupiter or Saturn are in retrograde motion, the chances of an earth quake are more. However on the 6th February when a quake shook Turkey not a single planet was in retrograde emotion.
Possible Planetary transits for an earthquake :
• The position of Uranus
• Mars and Saturn in opposition
• Sun, Mars, Saturn, Rahu (Moon’s north Node) in the 1st, 4th, 7th and 10th houses in the horoscope of the country.
• Sun, Mars, Saturn or Rahu transiting to the 8th house.
• When the combinations of Mars and Saturn, Mars and Rahu or Sun and Mars are in Shadasthak Yoga (distance between the houses would be 6 or 8), earthquake is likely.
• Indian Astrology also indicates that a high-probability of earthquakes is possible during the summer solstice (May and June) and winter solstice (December and January)
• It is also said that when meteorites or comets pass in close quarters to the earth, then the probability of the occurrence of an earth quake increases. Does the recent visit of the green comet on the 2nd of February has a say over this??
From an astrological viewpoint here are a few inferences with respect to earthquakes:
• It is said that when two eclipses occur within a time frame of 15 days, an earthquake would occur in the next 6 months’ time.
• When Saturn aspects the planets of Mercury or Mars, the possibility of earthquakes would be more.
• Also the same when Saturn aspects the zodiac signs of Taurus, Virgo or Capricorn- all being earthy signs.
• When Mars or Mercury conjunct or aspect Saturn, earthquakes occur.
• An earthquake is possible in a country whose Ascendant or 8th house is aspected by Mars and Saturn together or Mercury and Saturn together.
• Earthquakes are more prevalent during Mercury retrogrades and Mercury combust periods.
• When two or more planets along with Rahu or Ketu are in conjunction in the earth zodiac signs of Taurus, Virgo or Capricorn.
• It is found that at the time of an Earthquake, at least one planet should be retrograde.
• The chances of earth quakes are more during New moon, full Moon and from the 3rd to the 13th day of both the waxing and the waning phases.
• Earth-quakes generally happen when there are many planets in the movable or cardinal signs of Aries, Cancer, Libra and Capricorn.
• It has been found that when the planets like Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus or Jupiter are in the signs of Taurus and Scorpio earthquakes are mos probable, the February 6th earthquake has Uranus in Taurus.
• Severe affliction of the 8th house of a country’s natal chart indicates earthquakes as the 8th house stands for mass deaths.
• When Eclipses are in quadrant relations to the position of Jupiter, Mars or Saturn, earthquakes are possible.
These are inferences got by studying the previous patterns of occurrence of earthquakes. With the help of astrology we can learn about future calamities, however the destiny of our earth cannot be predicted all together. Though tragedies like earthquakes sure stir us up, there is huge scope to transform the way we assimilate such happenings and take things forward with ease.
. Elemental sun sign and moon sign combinations - Elements combos Astrology
. Vesta - The Spiritual Guardian - Vesta in the signs
. Aries Season - Enter the season of the Ram - New beginnings
. What is VOC Moon in Astrology? How to make use of the Void of Course of Moon period